Shopping at ALDI is a given in our house.
(If you haven’t shopped at ALDI before make sure you bring a quarter for the shopping cart and your own bags for your purchases)
I make the shopping list. I visit ALDI to purchase the items on my list that are available there (you can’t beat their milk prices!) and then finish up the shopping list with a mixture of items at the local produce stand, my garden and my other go-to grocery store.
By shopping at ALDI first, I know that I’m getting the best price and good quality items….and THAT’S good for my bank account!
Our local ALDI is relatively new and about 2 miles from home. I love it! I was always jealous when my friend would tell me of all the yummy goodness she was buying when I couldn’t get it, too.
I do love ALDI for their low prices but I have to admit that I also love them simply because they stock “imported” items I remember from my childhood in Germany. Good stuff like Haribo Gummis, delicious chocolate and stollen. Yum!
My local ALDI store is always neat & tidy and hardly ever busy and since I already shop there, I was thrilled when Mom Central asked me if I would share my experience with you and I’m happy to do so.
ALDI is a great place to purchase good quality items at a low price and stretch that entertainment budget during the busy holiday season.
I was given a budget of $50 and the assignment to purchase items that showcase the versatility of the items available to throw a great party!
Here’s what I bought:
- Petite Cheese Cakes $5.99
- Cabbage $1.39
- Honey Goat Cheese Log $1.99
- Havarti Cheese $2.99
- Spekulatius (yummy cookies) $1.99
- Shortbread Cookies $4.99
- Six cracker assortment $2.49
- Blackberry Fruit Spread $1.49
- Brie Cheese Round $2.99
- Chaza Moscato Wine $4.99
- Landshut Riesling $4.99
- Pecan Pie $3.99
- Baklava $5.99
- 2% Milk (gallon) $2.99
- paper bag .06
Total of $50.02
I have purchased wine from ALDI before. Their Winking Owl wine is tasty but I enjoy their wine selections because, once again, I’m getting good quality at a great value!
As you can see from the picture above, I was able to offer my guests some lovely treats and stay within my holiday entertaining grocery budget.
NOTE: When using an ALDI gift certificate you must purchase more than the face amount.
Here’s a delicious recipe for ALDI Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce, courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 1 wheel edenVale Brie Cheese
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Burlwood Cellars Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup Berryhill Blackberry Fruit Spread
- Preheat oven to 350. Place unwrapped brie on a foil-lined baking sheet. Heat in oven 12-15 minutes or until brie is warmed through and soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile, bring dried cranberries and white wine to a boil in a small saucepan. Add fruit spread, reduce heat to medium high and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Sauce is ready when liquid has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- To serve, pour over warm brie. Can be eaten alone or spread on crackers.