Does your typical morning sound like this? — It’s time to get up, hello? It’s time to get up! You’ll be late for the bus, hurry!! Let’s go!! Did you brush your teeth? Do you have your lunch? Wait, what homework? We’re leaving NOW!!!
If it does and I surely hope it doesn’t there is still hope for you. These morning stresses can be relieved by establishing a routine. The routine needs to begin with bedtime and establishing a routine is something that needs to be followed regularly. Consistency is key and will help your mornings run a lot smoother.
For a stress-free morning try implementing some of the following tips:
- Establish a regular bedtime routine, going to bed early is essential to a stress-free morning
- Lay out clothes the night before to avoid the morning craziness
- Prepare lunches the night before and have ready in the refrigerator
- Showers and baths are easier to be done the night before
- Be sure to check homework or backpacks for notes the night before, don’t want surprises in the morning that will definitely increase the stress levels
- When giving the children orders in the morning, try not to yell, this will create a very stressful environment
- Finally, set ground rules for your morning routine. Make sure the children know the time you will be leaving so they know in advance what time everything needs to accomplished. Timers work well too for younger ones that can’t tell time.
Most importantly sticking to a routine will make your mornings stress-free and that is the best way to start your day and your school year.
Dr. Daisy (aka Dr. Mommy) is a Doctor of Chiropractic by profession, wife to a loving and supporting husband and home school mom to 5 beautiful children. She is a speaker, blogger and freelance writer that devotes her time to educate the public on the importance of nutrition and their health.
For more insight on her love of health and nutrition you can visit her Healthy Nutrition Hints Blog. http://healthynutritionhints.com